Quality Control/Capital Records recording artist Lil Baby is best known for his single “Yes Indeed,” which features hip-hop superstar Drake. To date, Lil Baby has released four mixtapes and one full-length studio album.
Quality Control & Capitol Records were seeking a digital marketing company to create a strategy across social media as they geared up to release Lil Baby’s latest mixtape, Too Hard.
Quality Control desired to leverage Lil Baby’s upcoming tour and features with Drake, Lil Yachty, Marlo and others to increase digital streams, sales and downloads of Too Hard, which would be followed by his debut album release Harder Than Ever.
The MeauxGul Agency developed a Lil Baby specific, four-stage fan/marketing funnel that consisted of various campaigns that targeted users relative to their location within the funnel.
A sampling of the main strategies included a very aggressive video campaign that was targeted towards specific users of Lil Baby’s Target Audience, and a fan retention campaign targeted towards Lil Baby’s current fan base – releasing two to three videos monthly up to the release of Lil Baby’s debut album Harder Than Ever.
Being that Facebook’s organic reach has dropped significantly in the last year, paid media was also a significant portion of the strategy, as The MeauxGul Agency created marketing funnels and custom audiences to build brand awareness and advocacy – driving fans to take action.
Other strategies suggested by The MeauxGul Agency were the creation of content calendars to create consistent opportunities for fan engagement and the monitoring of analytics weekly to revise calendars and other content accordingly.
- Lil Baby’s Facebook Audience Increased over 100K+ with 500K+ fan engagements.
- Over 4.5M Video Views Across Social Media
- Lil Baby’s debut album Harder Than Ever debuted at #3 on Billboard 200 album Chart with single “Yes Indeed” featuring Drake reaching #9 on Billboard Hot 100 with over 161M streams across Spotify.
Entertainment, Recording Artist
Social Media Marketing, Paid Media
Latest posts by Nathan G. Meaux (see all)
- Meauxgul Client Ruth E. Carter Launches Fashion Line “Ruthless” with H&M - February 6, 2020
- Meauxgul Client Ruth E. Carter Profiled In LA Times About “Dolemite Is My Name” - January 2, 2020
- Ruth E. Carter Nominated For 2020 Critics’ Choice Award for DOLEMITE IS MY NAME - December 10, 2019